Terms & Conditions
- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
【Scope of Application】
- 1.The Accommodation Contract and related contracts to be concluded between our Hotel and the Guest shall be based on this Contract under the following terms and conditions of our Contract. Any matter not stipulated in this Contract shall be governed by ordinance and generally established practice.
- 2.When our Hotel has agreed to conclude a Special Contract without conflicting with ordinance and established practice, the said Special Contract shall prevail.
【Application for an Accommodation Contract】
- 1.The Guest who intends to apply to our Hotel for an Accommodation Contract will be required to provide our Hotel with the following particulars:
- (1) Name of Guest(s) to be registered.
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival.
- (3) Accommodation Charge (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Article 18, Table No.1).
- (4) Other information considered necessary by our Hotel.
- 2. In cases where the Guest requests, during his/her stay, an extension of accommodation beyond the date(s) in Subparagraph (2) of the preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such a request is made.
【Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts etc.】
- 1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article.
- 2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of the Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- 3. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- 4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the cases where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel where the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
【Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit.】
- 1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
- 2. In cases where the Hotel has not requested the payment of a deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, the Hotel shall be treated as having accepted a special contract as described in the preceding paragraph.
【Refusal of Accommodation Contracts.】
- 1. The Hotel shall have the right not to accept the application for an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- (2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available.
- (3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will contravene the law or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
- (4) When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
- (a) The law in respect to prevention, etc. against illegal actions by gang members (1991 Law item 77)stipulated article 2 item 2 (hereinafter referred to as “gang group”.), gang member stipulated by the same law article 2 item 6 (hereinafter referred to as “gang member.”), gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
- (b) When gang group or gang members are associates of corporations or other bodies to control business activities.
- (c) When a corporate body has related persons to gang members.
- (5) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likely to behave in a manner that will trouble other Guests of this Hotel or behaves in such a manner due to intoxication or other causes.
- (6) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected to be carrying an infectious disease.
- (7) When the guest seeking accommodation, a violent requesting act is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond the reasonable purview.
- (8) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
- (9) When the provisions of Article 5 of Kyoto Prefectural Ordinance of the “Ryokan” Business Law is applicable.
【Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest】
- 1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- 2. In cases where the Guest has canceled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case where the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as described in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has canceled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Article 18, Table No.2.
- 3. In cases where the Guest does not appear by 6p.m. on the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel has been notified of it) without advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being canceled by the Guest.
【Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel】
- 1. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- (1) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or has conducted himself/herself in a manner that will contravene the law or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
- (2) When the Guest is clearly considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
- (a) Gang group, gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
- (b) When a corporate body or other organization where gang groups or gang members control business activities.
- (c) In a corporate body which has persons relevant to gang member in its board member.
- (3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likely to behave in a manner that will trouble other Guests of this Hotel or behaves in such a manner due to intoxication or other causes.
- (4) When the Guest can be clearly detected to be carrying an infectious disease.
- (5) When the guest seeking accommodation, a violent requesting act is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond the reasonable purview.
- (6) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force major.
- (7) When the provisions of Article 5 of Kyoto Prefectural Ordinance of the “Ryokan” Business Law is applicable.
- (8) When the Guest does not observe the rules prohibiting certain actions specified under the House Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to prohibitions dammed necessary in order to prevent fires) such as smoking in bed, and mischief to the fire fighting facilities.
- 2. .In cases where the Hotel has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services which he/she has not received.
- 1. The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- (2) Except in the case of a Japanese national or Japanese resident, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan (A photocopy of your passport must be taken when you check-in.)
- (3) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
【Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms】
- 1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3 p.m. on the day of registration until 11 a.m. on the day of departure.
- 2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the check out time prescribed in the same paragraph. In such cases, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
- (1) Up to 3 hours: 30% of the room charge;
- (2) Up to 6 hours: 50% of the room charge;
- (3) More than 6 hours: 100% of the room charge.
【Observance of House Regulations】
- The Guest shall observe the House Regulations established by the Hotel which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
- 1. The hours of operation of the hotel's main facilities are as follows. Detailed hours of operation of other facilities will be posted at various locations and in the service directory in guest rooms.
- (1) Curfew: open 24 hours a day
- (2) Yasaka Living Hours:
- Breakfast 7:30~10:00
- Living 10:00~24:00
- Aperitif 17:00~19:00
- (3) Gelateria shima-otto 11:00~17:00
- (4) Treatment Spa "IRORI SPA" 15:00~23:00
- 2. The hours in the preceding paragraph may be changed temporarily if necessary or unavoidable.
【Payment of Hotel Charges】
- 1. .The breakdown of the Hotel Charges that the Guest shall pay is as listed in Article 18, Table No.1.
- 2. Hotel Charges as stated in the preceding paragraph shall be paid at the Front Desk at the time of the Guest's departure, or upon request by the Hotel, in Japanese currency or other means as shall be acceptable to the Hotel such as credit cards.
- 3. Hotel Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities once such facilities have been made available to him/her by the Hotel.
【Liabilities of the Hotel】
- 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases where such damage is due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- 2. The Hotel conforms to the fire prevention laws and makes every effort to prevent fires. Furthermore, the Hotel is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance in the case of fires or other disasters.
【Arrangement When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms】
- 1. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted room(s), arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest as far as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- 2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodations due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel will not pay the compensation fee to the Guest.
【Liability of Hotel for Possessions of Guests】
- 1. Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss,breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest for an appraisal of the value and the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to a maximum of 150,000 yen
- 2. Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables brought onto the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the Front Desk. However, for articles of which the nature and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to a maximum of 150,000 yen
【Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings】
- 1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it and to hand it over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of his/her check-in only if the Hotel has agreed to do so in advance.
- 2. The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage or belongings in the case of the preceding paragraph shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Article.
【Liability in Regard to Parking】
- 1.The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of any vehicle belonging to the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot in the Hotel, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited with the Hotel or not, as the Hotel merely offers the space for parking. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
【Liability of the Guest】
- The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Table 1: Break-down of Hotel Charges
(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
|Total Amount to be paid by the Guest||Accommodation Charges||①Basic Accommodation Charge
[Room Charge (or Room Charge + Breakfast and Dinner)]
②Service Charge [(1)×10%]
|Extra Charges||③(3)Food, Beverage and Other Expenses
④Service Charge [(3)×10%]
Remarks: The Basic Accommodation Charge is based on the tariffs which are held at the Front Desk.
Swipe sideways to view.
Table 2: Cancellation Charge (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|1 Day Prior
to A. Day
|2 Day Prior
to A. Day
|3 Day Prior
to A. Day
|5 Day Prior
to A. Day
|6 Day Prior
to A. Day
|7 Day Prior
to A. Day
|8 Day Prior
to A. Day
|14 Day Prior
to A. Day
|15 Day Prior
to A. Day
|30 Day Prior
to A. Day
|from 1 to 14||100%||100%||50%||30%||30%|
|from 1 to 14
(Top season specified in note 4)
|from 15 to 30||100%||100%||50%||30%||30%|
|from 15 to 30
(Top season specified in note 4)
|from 31 to 100||100%||100%||80%||50%||30%||20%||20%||10%||10%|
|101 and more||100%||100%||80%||50%||30%||30%||30%||30%||15%||15%||10%||10%|
Swipe sideways to view.
- 1.The percentages signify the rate of the cancellation charge applied to the Basic Accommodation Charge.
- 2.In cases when the number of contracted days is shortened, a cancellation charge equivalent to one day's room charge shall be levied regardless of the number of days shortened.
- 3.In the case of partial cancellation of a group booking (over 15 persons), cancellations of 10% or less of the total number of expected guests (fractions will be rounded up to the next whole number) will not be subject to a cancellation charge provided the Hotel is notified at least 10 days prior to occupancy (or on the day of the Hotel's acceptance of the Accommodation contract).
- 4.Top Season; 12/31-1/2, 5/3-5-5, 8/12-8/15
- 5.If the dates of the accommodation agreement are changed after the occurrence of the cancellation charge due date, and subsequently the said accommodation agreement is terminated, regardless of the penalty due date for the changed dates, the cancellation charge will be imposed.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- 1.We only generate, gather, use, and provide information pertinent to guests' stay.
- 2.We take every precaution to prevent the unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leaking of personal data.
- 3.We strictly observe all laws, ordinances, and standards for handling personal data.
- 4.We continuously strive for better practices, and adjust our handling to comply with official regulations as they evolve.
- 5.Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka provides all the contents of the this policy in written form to all affected and applicable parties.
Use of Guests’ Personal Information
- Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka will use guests’ personal information within the limits of the following purposes:
- For confirming guests' identities; to notify of cancellation or cessation of services; to cancel contracts or agreements; or for other communications related to hotel services.
- For notification by telephone, email, or post of hotel services; for marketing or customer satisfaction surveys; or for conferring prizes or benefits.
- For the improvement and development of services offered by Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka and other group hotels.
- For the conducting of business related to Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka and other group hotels.
- For damage insurance purposes, including incidental, and the offering of related services.
Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasakal will occasionally share personal information with Hotel New Awaji Group hotels, or with necessary third parties in order to fulfill the usages outlined above.
If Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka receives a request from a court of law, police department, or other entity of the public legal system for the disclosure of information, Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka is required to comply.
Hotel Yuraku Kyo-yasaka reserves the right to change the above policy as necessity demands.
If changes are made, they will appear promptly on this web page.